Striped Swallow Designs: Harbor Knot Tank - Simple Racerback Version

Something strange happened yesterday in Washington. The sun came out. I don't know whether to squint or hide or curl up like a cat under the rays indoors... so naturally, I did the last option. I also managed to snag some pictures of my new favorite tank top, too. This perfectally mimics my absolute favorite RTW tank that I wore all Summer for about the last 9 years. It's plain, simple, and solid black and now it unfortunately has a hold near the bottom. Thank god I sew. <3
 
This is the Harbor Knot Tank Add On pattern from Striped Swallow Designs. It comes with the "knot version and a simple tank version.
 
 
I sewed the simple tank version and took off about 4 inches from the waist. (1" on each front and back side) Next time I'll only take off only about 3" or 3.5" to give me some breathing room. :)
 
 
If you can't already tell, it's certainly the fabric that makes this top special. This is the strike off print from Bare Necessities Fabric elephant print. This is a great weight, super stretchy cotton lycra that is perfect for all of you boho babes.

 
Bare Necessities Fabric is run by a great girl, Michelle McLeay. She's very active in her Facebook group, keeps customers updated and churns out amazing design ideas all the time. I really like that she has a nice mix of adult and child prints, too. Bare Necessities Fabric is run out of BC so all the prices are in CAD. You can snag a yard of this gorgeous elephant print for just over $20.


 I blended this with a lace back because I only had a FH to work with. I was able to squeeze out the front and some binding to match and paired it with this lace in bought in 2014! Scraps are amazing things.  

 
This is the second Harbor Knot Tank I've made in about 3 weeks. The last one actually had the knot on it and if you read my post, I said how the next one I was going to use binding. Here it is! I really love it with the binding the best. I cut the width of the neckline and armbands the same but attached RST without folding the bands in half. Once they were attached I just pressed the band under and sewed it down. So no modifications really, just a standard binding.

 
I pair it with my favorite RTW lacey bralette and I'm good to go. :)
 
Details
 
Preorder for this fabric ends Feb 26th so don't wait! She also has a TON of panels so be sure to check out the entire preorder here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment